Thursday, February 12, 2015

Our Missing Piece

Happy Valentine's Week! Two weeks ago tomorrow, we posted our adoption announcement: "Roses are red. Violets are blue. A little early for a Valentine, BUT the Coopers have BIG news for YOU! A NEW adventure - We want YOU to be a part, because there is a BABY in Haiti growing in our HEART!"

It was the day that we began the journey of bringing our little Valentine home, and we have been so humbled by all of the love and support that we have received. We are beyond grateful as we continue on what could be at least a 2 year journey, but we are taking one step at a time knowing that our God is able. Just last weekend, we were so overwhelmed after meeting a Haitian pastor at a discipleship conference. Coincidence? No such thing as a child of God, but instead confirmation. I received this bracelet to add to my "wrist of reminders", and we have been in touch with this dear brother since his returning to Haiti. It is the little things that make a big difference.

Now that this journey has officially begun, the fundraising has also officially begun. God's provision has already left us completely speechless - from jumping up and down with excitement to on our knees in tears. What joy we have already experienced in this journey! Although the amount is quite intimidating, we know that money is "just paper to God", and again, He is able. 

For our first fundraiser, we are inviting you to "sponsor" a piece of a puzzle for $20 that after it is completed, will hang in our little one's room as a reminder of God's faithfulness. Your name will be written on a piece as a reminder of the part you played in this journey. The names of those who have already given have been written on pieces, and we will post updates as pieces are added. 


Sponsor a piece for $20 by clicking here: http://www.gofundme.com/cooperadoptionfund


1 piece = 1 step closer to bringing home our "missing piece"

Enjoy celebrating God's LOVE for us! He is LOVE, and HE LOVES YOU!!!

1 Corinthians 13 "If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t love others, I would be nothing. If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn’t love others, I would have gained nothing. Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. Prophecy and speaking in unknown languages and special knowledge will become useless. But love will last forever! Now our knowledge is partial and incomplete, and even the gift of prophecy reveals only part of the whole picture! But when the time of perfection comes, these partial things will become useless. When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things. Now we see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely. Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love."

Anpil Benediksyon! ("Many Blessings" in Haitian Creole)

Worship in Waiting:
"Waiting Here For You" Christy Nockels
"The Love of God" Mercy Me


No comments:

Post a Comment